Australia's Reciprocal Healthcare Agreements.

Share :

OSHCglobal - These are agreements with some countries where visitors can get publicly funded medically necessary care.


Australia has agreements with 11 countries:



When Australians go overseas

You can get help with costs for medically necessary care when you visit any of those countries. This includes:

  • emergency care
  • care for an illness or injury that can’t wait till you get home.

You still need to get your own travel health insurance.

When you visit Australia (include international students and visitors)

If you don’t come from the above-mentioned countries, you arrive to Australia, you buy another health care insurance.

If you are a student from overseas on a temporary student visa it is a condition of your visa to maintain adequate health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia. This means you need to purchase Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) and keep your policy up to date whilst you are in Australia and holding a student visa.

OSHC assists international students to meet the costs of medical and hospital care they may need while in Australia. OSHC also includes ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.

If you are visiting Australia and hold a temporary visa you should consider taking out Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC). If you need to visit a doctor or stay in hospital while you are here you could find yourself responsible for the full cost of treatment, which can be very expensive.


If you are looking at OSHC, OVHC you can check out the prices and purchase insurance please contact OSHCglobal Team for further information and assistance at


OSHCglobal (source: